KwaDukuza Municipality: Bursaries/How to apply.

KwaDukuza Municipality: Bursaries

KwaDukuza Municipality invites students to apply for Bursary Programme for the academic year.

Fields of study:

Bursaries are available for undergraduate (National Diploma or Degree) studies, within these fields:

  • Accounting
  • Architecture
  • Built Environment
  • Civil Engineering
  • Commerce
  • Community and Economic Development Studies
  • Construction Management
  • Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current)
  • Environmental Management
  • Horticulture
  • Housing
  • Internal Audit
  • Legal
  • Library Science
  • Local Government Management
  • Logistics
  • Occupational Health and Safety
  • Performance Management/ Monitoring & Evaluation
  • Property Valuation
  • Public Finance
  • Quantity Surveying
  • Risk Management
  • Supply Chain Management
  • Town & Regional Planning


  • You must reside within the KwaDukuza area of jurisdiction
  • You must have completed Matric
  • You must have achieved University entrance or endorsement in Matric
  • You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards an undergraduate National Diploma or Degree, in one of the fields listed above
  • You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognized and accredited public tertiary institution in South Africa
  • You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursary funding or NSFAS funding
  • You must NOT have completed any other qualification or degree or diploma
  • You must have a strong academic record
  • You must be in financial need
  • You must be from a previously disadvantaged background

The KwaDukuza Local Municipality will be awarding bursaries in the following ratio: a minimum of 60% of the available budget will cover non-scarce skills studies and the remaining 40% will cover the government’s scarce skills listed above.

The bursary will cover the following expenses: registration or admission fees to the value of R5 000.

SEE ALSO  Cranefield College Bursaries Application 2024/2025 | NSFAS

How to Apply

Download Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)

Alternatively, application forms can also be collected from the KwaDukuza Youth Centre, as well as libraries within the jurisdiction of KwaDukuza and other municipal offices.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documents:

  • ID document (certified copy)
  • New Students: Matric certificate and statement of results (certified copy)
  • Returning students: official progress report, with marks, symbols, percentages for all examinations written (certified copy)
  • A motivational letter stating why you should be awarded the bursary
  • Proof of tertiary admission/ acceptance/ conditional or firm offer (on institutions letterhead)
  • Curriculum from the institution for the selected course of study, stating the number of years of study, number of modules/ subjects to be taken (on institutions letterhead)
  • Tuition fees statement from the institution (on institutions letterhead)
  • Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit or letter from the Department of Labour if unemployed)
  • Parents or guardians list of monthly expenses
  • Proof of residents in KwaDukuza

Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:Via Post to:
The Municipal Manager: KwaDukuza Municipality, P.O Box 72, KwaDukuza, 4450


Hand delivery to:
KwaDukuza Municipality, Youth Development Office, 42 Goolam Suleman Street, KwaDukuza 4450

NB: applications must be marked “KwaDukuza External Bursary 2023” and should be in a sealed envelope.


share this post.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here